Unwritten~*

Sunday, April 24, 2005

“Today I wed my best friend, the one I laugh with n love.”

Wah. *sniffsniff* so sweet rite. I jz got bac from a wedding dinner. My cousin Gilbert- gege married his girlfriend of 7/8 yrs, n her name is Chun Hui. This is wat she said in her speech to the guests attending the dinner. She’e the kind of girl everyone loves, very “zhen” n totally unfake, n although she is marrying into the family, I kinda feel like I’ve known her forever.

Aiyo so sweet. Almost felt like crying lor, lucky I didn’t ppl will tink I’m nuts! Wo you bu shi xin niang zi! Hahaha =P but reali cant help feeling misty-eyed. nv b4 haf i felt this way when attending weddings. they make such a great couple! Gege is the rather quiet sort lah, very nice but not talkative but not asocial. Chun Hui is simply such a tie-xin de ren! I tink everyone in the family loves her. N wif her ard, Gilbert gege reali bcm much more talkative n smiley le. SIGH. Gosh. I tink this is the way it shld b when u finally get married, bring out the best in each other, complement each other in evry way.

Oooo mushy.

It was great to see all my relatives again. The last time we met was when gran passed away. so we weren’t in the mood to say much. This time was such a jolly occasion. I tink gran mz b happy to see them married. She have always liked Chun Hui too. =) ah well. To tink they pak-toh for so long!!! When I was young, I always imagined myself pak-tohing for at least 6 to 8 yrs b4 getting married. But now I realized this is seldom the case. I wonder how ppl can jz get married within 2 yrs. Is tt reali long enuff to noe a person well? So many ppl break up when they reach their 3rd or 4th yr!!! N tts always so sad.

Enuff of my cynicism. Its s’pose to b a happy day! Ahaha

Had so much fun playing along with my err nieces I tink. My counsins’ children. Theres like more than 5 of them so it was reali quite funny to see them chasing each other across the big big ballroom! Then my sis sent them to disturb Bernard whos supposedly the next in line to get married if we go according to age. To which my exaaperated counsin declared: I haf to haf a girlfren first u noe!!! Hahaha oh man super amusing lah. Imagine 4 pri sch gals giggling away n pestering their 26 yr old cousin hehe.

Oh BUT I shant laugh tt much. Cos…. I am the 4th in line to get married. The last of my generation of kids from my mum’s side tts of marriageable age. ARGHHHHHHH!!! So horrifying. Mz prepare to fight off questions from my aunts abt whether I haf a bf. *rolls eyes* seriously NOT looking forward to tt day.

If I ever do get married…. Hopefully it’d b the kind of marriage like my cousin has. The nest-frens kind of marriage. Ok. Looks like I hafta find another guy best fren beside zy, since we r obviously not attracted to each other. Move over zy!!! Ahah. I’m gg to “replace” u hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home