Unwritten~*

Sunday, August 14, 2005

We used to be such gd friends, as thick as thieves, as sticky as glue. Now we settle for the occasional times we bump into one another, filled with periods of unanswered msges.

I wont deny I am bitter, angry even, and more than sore and upset. I wonder why this happens again and again. I may be at fault too. I dunno.

I have friends, true, ppl I laugh with everyday. they fill my life with so much joy. But its never the same. Cos every single person we meet and befriend, they bring smthg special into out lives. For you it happened to be lots of warmth and laughter and just that special caring touch. I missed that.

And isn’t it extremely sad that we seem more like civil acquaintances now more than anythg else.

I bet u tink I am really happy. Mebbe even tink I am heartless cos I seem to get on fine without you eh? But if its really the smiling façade u fell for, then perhaps we weren’t as close as I ever thought we were.

I am surrounded by friends, ppl I care for. But smhow I feel like the loneliest person in the entire world each day I get home.

We seem to have nothg much to say to each other anymore.

Perhaps it just cos we are both such stubborn ppl. We don’t like to make the first move do we? We just like to think ho so-the-other-don’t-need-me-well-i-shant-bother-to-contact-the-person-then.

Mebbe theres major happenings in ur life. Mebbe u r busy dealing with stuff and don’t really have time to look for me. Lots of mebbes. I don’t know anythg abt ur life anymore.

Smone asked how did it bcm like this? I was at a loss for words. A combination of a loss of the “need” factor on your part, ego problems and insensitivity.

I hate it when my msges go unanswered. And after awhile I just wont bother anymore.

It may not matter much to u, wat sounds like a grp msg asking if everyone is free on a certain day, but I happen to be waiting for a reply.

And there were many others too. Those tt u said u never did receive. A part of me acknowledge tt may b true, but the petty me tells me tt its too much of a coincidence tt all 3 or 4 msges were lost in the satellite system.




I realized I depend just a tad too much on my friends. Not just anyone though. Only the closest ones matter. But they always seem to matter too much. I cant seem to get it in my thick skull that nothg stays the same forever. Nothg.

How I wish that smhow smday, I find that real best friend who never goes away.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps your friend had other reasons for not replying your messages. why not you ask her? perhaps your friend is sorry that all these have to happen, but is just not willing to admit that to you. perhaps that friend was so hurt by something that happened some time ago, that she just gave up totally. [i know i would, esp if 2 out of her 3 closest friends lost faith in her simply because she could not give them what they wanted as a friend anymore] perhaps the main reason for you two drifting apart is not cos of the "loss of the 'need' factor on her part" afterall. [don't you think that would be a too-convenient excuse for their drifting apart? to blame most of it on the lack of a need for you now that she's attached? true. it may be true to a certain extent - but to think that that is the main reason would be rather insulting to your friend i think. or rather, ex-friend.]
perhaps you may remember that she said many times before: that she only has 3 close friends, and the rest all mere acquaintances - people to lose along the way [she has no faith in not-here-not-there-friendships, save for her close friends] she reserves her genuine friendship for these 3 pple and derives her joy mainly from these pple. perhaps you think she still is happy when she's only left with 1 close friend? in fact, i think she'll be disillusioned. really. esp when she's so hurt by things that happened that she just relegated you 2 to the same indifference [u dun call me, i dun call u. you dun msg me, i won't bother msging you either] that she gives to her can-lose-"friends".
i'm not sure your friend knows how you feel. your side of the story i suppose. and maybe you haven't been hearing her side too. i just know that sometimes, if things are left to fester too long, pple will be reluctant to do anything about it anymore.
but i think your friend would be sorry that this has to happen tho. i'm sure she didn't want it to happen either. and i'm sure she's sorry that you have to be so unhappy over her. really. i think she would be. because you guys were once the greatest pals afterall. and she did care a lot for you.
but at the same time she's really glad you've got another great friend who'll lend you a listening ear, all the time, no matter what.
you two guys be happy.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

friendship needs effort from both sides lahz. well Check with her, if you still treasure the friendship.

Watson

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home