Unwritten~*

Saturday, July 02, 2005

MAK fan club

First week of sch has ended. *yawned n stretched* and already I feel stressed! But this is slacking-induced stress heh cos well my CG isn’t terribly hardworking compared to the rest. =P oh but I am really having so much fun!!! Though my official CG has been split up and me, esther, Eugene n philey joined yunxin n Diana instead. They r such great ppl!!! i love my CG!!! And the amazing thg was we all clicked really well, no sweat at all! Though I do miss xtine n wessie lah. Oh well…. Two CG outings within a wk. hmm. I am on my way to errr failing surgery posting heh.

I have always heard tt AH isn’t the best place to go for surgery postings, and in a way I guess this is true. Cos there don’t seem to be any lectures or bedside tutorials arranged!!!! *horrified* but yes, I am REALLY glad to be in AH. Cos I really think the team of surgeons my group is attached to ROCKS!!!!!! Totally awesome!

Dr Mak: our head consultant, one of the most amazing doctors I have ever met in my 21 yrs so far. The first time we met him, he offered us a smile and a handshake. That’s already quite rare! And he went on to show us some shortcuts we can take to certain places. That had us sitting up and taking notice of this exceptionally nice surgeon already, smone who doesn’t seem to have any airs although he’s the HEAD of his dept!

During OT: gosh. I really respected the surgeons after that five-hr long operation. In eclinics the ops I witnessed seem so easy peasy! I thot surgery didn’t seem extremely exciting after the first ten minutes of novelty-induced interest. But hey! The abdominal-perineal resection of the sigmoid colon and rectum really was a major op (in my opinion at least!) and thru it all, the surgeons were ever so attentive and hard at work! No toilet breaks, no tea breaks, no lunch breaks! And the OT nurses too!!! Always at hand to assist the surgeons! Wont go into details (erm tink it may not be very acceptable for non med frens ah) but there was a lot of bld. Gory. And rather messy. I really admired the surgeons!!! Imagine having to endure ur hunger ignore the calls of nature and having to teach pesky students like us at the same time while paying full attention to the op at hand! This is really multi-tasking! And yes, Dr Mak was so nice and encouraging to all those who scrubbed out to help! He always exudes this kindly and sincere and patient air abt him, we just cant help liking him so much! And he’s sooooooooooooooo very charming!

And so… we founded Mak Adoration Klub (MAK). HAHA!!! Aren’t we ingenius!!! *clapclaps* president’s me!!! Vice pres is xinxin! Dianasaur’s secretary! Esther’s er avid fan! Eugene’s in the subclub Mak Appreciation Klub. Haha and philey… wellllll he’s in DLC (for wat it stands for pls approach me directly heh! *winks*)

In SOC, we were totally bowled over by our Dr’s bedside manners. He’s simply WOW! I have never seen a doctor who’s so warm and approachable to his patients! I have seen plenty of nice doctors, but they always seem jz a tad too impersonal. Dr Mak’s different! As the patient walks in, he’d happily address him/her by name, and throughout his whole conversation, he’d sit facing the patient and listen. Really listens. With this look of utmost concentration and attentiveness. And his body language is telling the pt :hey don’t worry u can confide in me”. Oh gosh. I shall resolve to be as gd a doctor as him! And he’d always bother to ask if they have any questions. And if either the pt or their family have any queries, he’d always explain everythg very clearly and unhurriedly! His patience is amazing. =P

His status as our current idol was secured when he suggested having a tutorial by the fountain. Haha! So funny! Though we didn’t get to do it in the end since it started raining… so we went to the cafeteria and he TREATED us to drinks!!!!!!!!! *swoon* if not for the fact tt he’s happily married with 3 kids, I tink there’d b hoards of girls going after him lor. (btw pls don’t get the wrong idea he’s in his 40s I tink… we don’t have tt KIND of crush on him lah!)

And the rest of the team, like Dr Reyaz and our HO Sze Ching, they r so nice too!!! I am in seventh heaven. I tink its not so much the knowledge they impart tt really matters to us at the end of the day, but the fact tt they really don’t mind us and are willing to teach us! They really make me look forward to going to sch everyday!

But now there are rumours we may have to change teams after 4 wks… I am devastated!!! I cant bear the thought! To be fair I guess its smthg other grps will want (those who got the bo chup tutors) but I personally tink it takes time for us to warm up to the tutors n vice versa so we shldnt change teams!!! (yar but then I’d b singing a different tune if I got horrid tutors lah to b honest). WAH!!! But I tink I’d sink into depression! And my sentiments are shared by all my CG mates. Sigh. Pls grant my wish n let us stay on with our team of surgeons!!!! =(((((((((((((

Hai. Wkend is here. But we still have sch evry Saturday. I am feeling kinda panicky. I don’t see any free time for myself!!! Theres SOOOOOOOOO MUCH to read up during the wkends! And I still hav to go for my amore lessons. I have to reject so many bday party invitations n chalets and I still don’t seem to have enough time. Argh. And I feel so bad having to say I am not going! But seriously. Theres too many parties le. I still have to take care of mummy whos sick. Practise driving else my dad will b mad at me. Gah.

And I need sm time to myself!!! To rest. I am feeling so tired. Having to go AH n then still hafta mug. 5 hrs of slp isn’t enuff!!! I am having a really bad slp withdrawal syndrome. =P

Helppppppp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home