Unwritten~*

Saturday, July 23, 2005

night duty....

aha its now 1.39am!!! and I got sch in abt 7.5 hrs!!! yet I feel quite awake. Heh!

Just finished my first “night call” in AH. Was a self-imposed one lah, cos wanted to try taking blood and setting plugs. But are we unlucky! Weren’t many new cases today so it was relatively quiet. But really did have lots of fun doing night call with esther and Eugene!!! =D

At first I was abit skeptical abt doing night call with them, cos erhmm may feel like a giant light bulb. But hey! They are really so nice! At no point in time did I feel awakward or out of place! Haha mebbe it helps tt they are not a new couple lah. As in they are really sweet to each other but its seems like a very natural thg so an onlooker like me wont feel a need to look away. Hee. And it didn’t feel contrived, the way they jz chatted with me etc etc. haha and they are both hilarious!!!! They say the darnest thgs!!! (yes esther included! Don’t b deceived by her sweet look!!!) had me in stitches for quite a few times…

Oh and our HO was really really friendly! Though we weren’t from her team lah, so she didn’t really know us, but she was so open and friendly and even gossiped abt with us! We were truly taken aback (we expected the HOs to be really upset abt being stuck with us for one whole nite heh)! But of cos delighted as well lah.

We met a really cute little old lady!!! *beams* shes truly the kind of ppl u want to do more for, want to make sure they are happy, don’t wish them to come to any harm. Cos shes just so cute! She was so receptive to us and kept introducing us to her husband (cute little old man) and her son! Its hard to tell that shes unwell… sad thg was we can really tell shes yearning to go home. When the doc was examining her she kept asking if she can be discharged already. =( oh yar haha for sm reason she kept asking me if I had was attached. Hmm. And promptly tried convincing me to let her introduce me to sm guys. Arghhh!!! Ahah it was really funny! Imagining her trying to matchmake ppl haha =P I had to tell her erm no erm its ok! But its quite hard to divert her attention… gosh everyone’s trying to sell me off. So paiseh. Oh and she kept saying our hands are very soft! (looking abit bewildered, she held eugene’s hand and asked “eh girls’ hands very soft, how come urs too?!”) haha! Da shao ye woah! ;P

Oh well she really made my day. Its not always that we meet such great ppl in the wards… (guess cant blame them lah we are always disturbing them and trying to clerk them) and its really comforting to see them in high spirits even though they are hospitalized! Gambatte for these hardy souls!

If there were times I wondered why I ever decide to take this path, ppl like her give me lotsa motivation to push on. =)))) hoorays for cute old ladies!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home