Unwritten~*

Sunday, May 22, 2005

lymphadenopathy!!!

a 21 yr old chinese female with no significant past medical history presenting with acute onsent of dull aching pain over the right jawline for the past two days. the pain does not radiate and is relieved with the ingestion of nice cold ice cream, and aggravated by mastication and swallowing of saliva. associated symptoms include tender lymphadenopathy involving the tonsillar lymph node, general malaise, dynorphagia, loss of apetite and extreme grouchiness.

at rest, patient appears grumpy (not unlike oscar the grouch) and sullen.

on inspection, the gum area around the newly sprouted wisdom tooth on the right side of the mouth appears angry-looking and swollen.

palpation is not performed owing to the fact tt the patient seems likely to chew off the very fingers that dare go near the area.

primary diagnosis: complications arising from the growth of the wisdom tooth.

differential diagnosis: tooth decay (highly unlikely as the patient presents with good dentition with hardly any cavities.)



smone pls reassure me tt the pain will go away, n tt it is a wisdom tooth prob rather than the materialization of my worst nightmare ever, which involves all my teeth dropping of due to irreparable tooth decay. ARGH. i have nv had toothache in my entire life b4!!! this is too cruel. tmr's a public holiday!!! so is monday!!! how am i gg to find a dentist to look at my teeth!?!? n i dont jz want any tom dick or harry!!! i want expert care! (in case i have to undergo sm horrifying surgery to extract my wisdom tooth) *fretful*

jz the very thot of surgery makes me shiver wif fear lah. so scary. i dunwan. but i tink i am gg to accomplish nothg lor. its so aching tt i jz cant swallow my saliva! evry time i swallow it feels more painful. i tink it mz be my tonsils. n oh man! i actually haf lymphadenopathy!!! first time in my entire life!!! i cant believe this is happening to me. this was s'pose to be my "mug-like-crazy-to-try-n-pass-my-eclinics" wkend. but i am spending it feelin like crap n not being able to stay still enuff to study.

n i cant eat. it hurts... *wails*

i hafta go on a porridge diet. gd time to lose weight too.

i tink... i may haf to borrow ah ting's tramadol painkillers.

oh no. i hope no surgery is needed. or tt my tooth is decayed. i am a scaredy cat cant stand excessive pain inflicted on myself!!!!!


dear frens who ready my blog, pray for me.


*clutches jaw in pain*

5 Comments:

Blogger lip said...

the last time i did my tooth, it cost 400 bucks and i had to lie down for half hour while dentist did unspeakable things to it.

hope it's your upper tooth. if not surgery required.

and get a chio/handsome dentist. it helps

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

niang zi,
you know i know a dentist.

p.s. DO go see one
:)
zy

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey huili!
dun worry...i'll def pray for you...oh yes, weimin just told me she's working or sth. maybe u can ask her for some advice?
take care k:)

kaysing

1:26 PM  
Blogger -deekay- said...

baba ! hope u are feeling better already. =) glad that you managed to find someone to solve ur toothy problem today, even though you were still grouchy after that. =) cheer up k?! looking forward to seeing a smile on your face once again!
*hugz*

9:19 PM  
Blogger arkios said...

hope u do feel better soon. if the pain still persists it'll be good to go see a dentist. :) *smile*

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home