Unwritten~*

Sunday, September 09, 2007

d-i-a-r-r-h-o-e-a, ramblings

WAILS. my tummy is soooo punishing me for overeating. sigh.
i think it has turned neurotic, fancies itself as a washing machine. must be, else why does it keep churning...

have decided to really get down to studying, but was visited by the Bug Fairy who bestowed me with her friends Flu and Diarrhoea. sheesh.

i get easily distracted nowadays. can no longer sit down and mug feverishly away! have to keep blasting some music to keep morale up! =P

i wonder, if i am not studying med, where would i be now?

ahhh, childhood dreams.

at the bbq that night, one question was asked: what is your dream?

hmm, plenty!

for instance, i have always wanted to act in a musical! it all looks so jovial and fun and exciting! no sad soppy musicals for me though, give me the laughs anyday! have only ever been involved in one musical in my life, and that was primary sch. passe. haha. and i didn't even get to sing! only the single female lead got to sing... it's my own fault lah, who asked me to be built like a man when i was in pri 6! all tall and strapping and STURDY. urgh. with REALLY short hair somemore. so naturally i got to be the King instead. *shakes head* there was a real shortage of male actors, i think they secretly think it's very unmacho to act. not even the beautiful fake ermine velvet coat was much comfort to my wounded soul. luckily i grew into my role. ha.

and when i was young, i did have the most dirt-common dream of being a popstar, entertaining billions with my music. heh. maybe that's why i joined choir in pri sch, except that i came to realise there were like gazillions of young people having the same dream. too unrealistic.

and i dreamt of being a hotelier, a hall manager who greets patrons by their names and indulge in personal chichat which places them right at home! i love hotels! don't know why... it's just all so grand and pretty.

and then i thought of being a pilot, to fly to every nook and cranny of the world, how exhilarating that would be! until of course, i realised i can't manage without my motion-sickness pills (which would make me too drowsy to see the skies)

i wanted to be an artist, to be able to draw brilliant pictures and have people going ga-ga over my pure genius and talent. but them i realised i never did get fabulous marks in art class. (although i guess kindergarten art class can't be the be all end all of judgement)

there was a teeny period in time when i wanted to be a musician! but i ditched that thought real quick; i just didn't feel i have the talent. tinkering the ivories became a chore when daddy restricts my going-out with friends until i have practised for a stipulated amount of time. anyway, my jie was much better at the piano, i can't even sight-read properly.

if i was born a pint-sized petite pretty little girl, perhaps i could have been a ballerina! (this just seems like one of the must-have dream of little girls) too bad. too late to start dancing on my toes now...

then there was the period when i really wanted to be a world-class baker! except of course they have a classier name; what's that? pastry chef = ...... shootz. can't remember. and this was fueled when i watched My Lovely Samsoon, and the female lead was putting out real beauties in the form of exotic cakes... but then i am not the best baker. ha.

and my most recent dream, to be a photographer! i would hobnob around the world, just me and my camera (of course it would be state-of-art and costing a bomb), taking pictures of scenery and people in their everyday lives. hmm guess love of photography must have been inherited from my dad. i love it when stunning breath-taking scenes are translated into a tangible form. but of course, i don't see how you can effectively capture the feelings, emotions.

it's funny how none of my childhood dreams involve science or medicine. hmm. i have always been more "arty". funny how things change when you grow up. if i had really gone to vjc to study theatre, i may have become a struggling actress now, auditioning for stage productions and mixing with the artistic types! such a drastic difference...

nevermind, i shall continue to be a home-baker and a bathroom singer. zuo ren yao zi zhu chang le =P

3 Comments:

Blogger 都市女郎,童话般的心灵 said...

Oh my, i'm having diarrhoea too... Took MC and stayed home today...

9:47 PM  
Blogger -deekay- said...

haiyoh ! you having diarrhoea ah ! no wonder i haven't seen you online. okay. but who says people can't come online when they are having diarrhoea.
but what you shld be doing. is to drink LOTS of waterrr ! hahaha. i'm in the paeds mode. dehydration how many percent ?

okay. after all those rubbish. get well soon my dear !

9:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey HL,

Hope you get well soon.

EN

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home