Unwritten~*

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

of drunkards and amoebas

wah today has been a seriously atypical day! i am in shock. *resus trolley pls*

firstly, the extremely torrential downpour in the wee hours means that i was almost driving blindly, not a gd start to a day!

then, when we got to the hospital, it seems like the whole world is getting admitted into the neuro ward! never have i seen so many new faces streaming in, and two of them straight into high-dependency!

and almost everyone needed a CT or MRI scan, and miraculously everything got done today.

and for once, the cardiac centre didnt tell me my patient has been listed for a december echocardiogram, but instead gave me a date for tmr.

and the fish stall auntie piled egg and seawood into my bowl as if they were free; i think theres something about my face she likes today...

and the computer system sprang another surprise on us! now instead of the just having the extra trouble of keying everything into the computer, we have to go the extra trouble to print out special stickers to label the blood tubes!!! what the....! i am going mad. seriously.

and the most atypical thing was: i was verbally abused!!!! my god. at least the previous uncle who hurls abuse at the doctors was always cordial to me, this terrible drunkard (his name was listed as "unknown acs") actually scolded me when i tried to find out why he is in the hospital. he told me to go to hell!!! what the (%^@(#^%@%^#(@%#(%#!!

ARGH!!!! the GALL of this this this erm insane drunkard!!!

and to make things worst, he was obviously NOT drunk anymore. the emergency dept noted that he simply wanted a place to sleep... like hello! *roll eyes*

i was so mad i was ready to start screaming back at him (believe me, i erupt like a volcano in the face of unreasonable ppl). but of course, i recall that i am an amoeba in the hospital hierachy, so i wisely stuffed a fist into my big mouth and stalked out of the cubicle.

spoil my day. GRRRR.

sigh. but i guess i shouldnt be affected by idiots like that, it's their right to behave badly and all. i shall concentrate on the happier things, like some of the cute cute patients we have! Like the auntie who will wave happily at me and tell me it's night-time (when it's daytime) and actually recognises me! and our reluctant patient who always tell me how shuai my consultant is... and how she doesnt mind staying longer as long as he asks her to... HAH! and mdm S, a patient who was actually so sick at first that we werent sure she was ever going to wakey, but hey! just this week she opened her eyes when i called her and actually could understand what i was saying to her! i was so excited that i ran outside and shouted for the nurses, only to realise that she had been improving over the weekend. so heartwarming, really felt vvvvvvvvvvvvv happy for mdm S!!! *waves pompoms to cheer her on* jia you jia you! kind of miss my young patient who was discharged on sunday. hmm i may see her around my neighbourhood though, heh.

SIP is ending soon! i feel a sense of loss and sadness. i shall miss my ward 57, and everything that comes with it.

i shall miss my ho of course, my boss! so used to bugging her every now and then because there's still so many things we do not know!

the nurses!
huiling, the very first nurse who befriended us on our first day. Aka my shi-fu in blood-taking. hah except every time she is with me when i set a plug, it just cant go in! (i realised today that i will only succeed when i am alone. must be the stress!)
ivy, who feeds us haw flakes on the sly during ward rounds! hah she is really very ke ai...
syahida, who speaks mandarin!!! and she is soooo funny. ha will miss chatting with her during nitecalls about korean shows and such.
sew peng, who offered to let me set plug on her for 5 bucks then backed out... chey. hah
joyce who would go to the trouble of finding me blankets and pillows to settle down for the nite!
syaiful, the thorn among the roses! i seldom see him smile initally, but he is smiling more these days...
nur! the vvvvvvvvvvvvv pretty nurse!
and many many many more.

i feel v at home in w57. *beams*

oh and of course the team! will miss them. dr teoh (the dr my patient is gushing over) invited us to the team dinner tmr!!! OMG. what an exciting thing! but i gotta gobble up the food and hightail back home (my pigheaded sis's bdae!) harry and dobby are leaving us tmr! so sad! to think we wont be working with familiar ppl in our last two days of SIP. sigh.

am rather glad i went through SIP, and it really was good fun! and i got to know some of my clsmates better... like EN! haha never did have the chance to chitchat with her before, but now that i do, she is actually very expressive! *recalls her "disgust" when i told her a thought of mine today* hahah!

and of course i know qingyuan's dark secrets now. hah. tsk.

and shaun. ES=evil shaun. but he happily interpreted it as ES=extremely shuai. WAHHHH!!! *faintz*

ok i better conserve energy. tmr got team dinner and sis's bdae, thurs liqi bringing us out to dinner! YAY!! friday got nitecall.... fwah. looks like the zoo would have a new panda to stay soon..

1 Comments:

Blogger 都市女郎,童话般的心灵 said...

Hi, read through your entries. Hahaha, OMG!!! You actually wrote about our attempts to set plug using the inflated gloves ah??? Hahaha... I really lost it when i read it... My bro thought what happened to me, sitting in front of the computer laughing to myself...

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home