Unwritten~*

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Didn't actually realise it has been that long since i last blogged.... =)

Just came back from Korea, my first self-funded tour! =D am happy that i am no longer leeching off my parents... and I had the most wonderful time of my life there. Precious memories that I would guard closely forever.

There were many "firsts" for my winter trip to Korea (11-18th December '2008)
- my first traditional korean meal
- my first visits to locations used for the filming of many Korean dramas: Han Na Shan, Coffee Prince, Teddy Bear Museum
- first traditional Korean barbecue - absolutely yummy!
- first contact made with a real live octopus
- had my first snowball fight and the first snowball thrown at me by a Korean
- first real snowman (albeit a minute one carefully crafted by my fellow tourmate)
- first experience on skis (can't brake, had to rely on my "instructors" to catch me as i fly by)
- first time I made kimchi ( i am a-zu-ma!)
- my first time donning a hanbok and acting demure
- my first christmas parade in an amusement park
- the first time i am gutsy enough to initiate a scary ride in the amusement park (poor sister almost had a heart attack hee)


it was also during this trip that I realised with surprising clarity, that I am but young only once. The pragmatist and realist in me has always kept me in check, and I have always remained a cautious and somewhat guarded person where certain aspects are concerned. But now, I am thinking, there's nothing to lose and perhaps everything to gain. It's a gamble, and it's terrifying how vulnerable one feels. But perhaps it's time to follow my heart instead of my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home