Unwritten~*

Friday, May 23, 2008

Wkend is here! YAY. finally... sure took its own sweet time in coming!

been 12 days since i had a day off... lalalallala i really enjoy this free as a bird feeling!

and yes. it has been confirmed. sunday calls are really BAD. my phone didn't stop ringing till 2 am!!!! actually had lunch at 11pm. almost died from hypoglycemia and i think i was scaring all the nurses by being terribly fierce and grouchy. haah but i can't help it! hunger + stress + incessant calls + super many ECGs to review = one grumpy grouch. actually i really feel quite ashamed of my terrible bhvr but really, i was so swamped and sinking rapidly into the quicksand of depression!!! better start doing yoga or taichi of smthg to temper my mood. blah.

and i am really thankful for the ppl who fed me on call. you know, it's like when you are in this deep abyss and smone unexpectedly shows u kindness, u just want to weep (too gan dong).
1. Irene fr 57
- offered hot chocolate and pong bia at 2 plus pm after learning i didnt have lunch!
2. Yee Leng
- my half call MO from my first call who wasn't even my MO tt day! bought sandwiches and shared her green tea w us -> finally i had "lunch" at 11!
3. Nice staff nurse fr 55
- passed me kaya toast along the corridor! must go find out his name

these ppl are really too kind for words. haah and to think i was such a walking terror that day, snapping away at everyone! i really morph into medusa on calls man.

covering a certain wing that deals with certain pts and their relatives really stretched me thin. i was called over urgently as they wanted updates. i was like .......... anyway i went over under duress and was promptly treated to an impromptu shouting match btw two well-meaning siblings right in front of the elderly pt. and that was when i decided even a HO can speak up and tell them straight to pls show respect for their sick mum. *roll eyes* ah well. my poor MO. luckily an urgent call came and we were extricated from tt tricky situation. sigh

but then, it was also the first call that i got to slp! was trying to help yu chin but cldnt take it anymore and tumbled into bed. to my horror i actually had insomnia the first half hr (too much fearful anticipation of when the next call will come!)

it turned out to be a rather gd wk despite such a bad post-call slpy monday.

made peace with a certain smone who was causing me much distress, and now i feel much better. in fact, i am seeing a new side and yes i shld stop my mutinous attitude. maybe i can learn to respect this person after all. hee.

made some new friends this wk! and actually bumped into my old KE pal whom i havent seen for 5 yrs!!!! no wonder i always thought the pharmacist looks familiar! we used to play badminton together in our hall days! wow! and she actually recognises me! haha those were the fun days. i was so lousy but keen on badminton, i think these were the only ppl who can tolerate my crappy badminton skills. muahah =P

i think i will miss my ward when i leave next wk. although i am happy to be able to go back to my beloved SIP ward! and i feel so bad that my mistake caused much trouble and inconvenience to a nurse lor. hai. forgot to add mixtard to the prescription, so pharmacist called and very nicely didnt ask me to reprint for them just to amend it on cpss. which i did but it nv cross my mind to inform my SN. in the end she didn't know the insulin was in the fridge and we sent the pt to nursing home wo insulin! only got to know in the evening! and she had to bring the insulin down to the NH! felt terrible. and she won't accept cab fares! hai. i feel super guilty lah. i must really be more careful next time. =( and she didn't blame or scold me! feel even more guilty.

i hope my gd mood keeps up! doing HO1 calls next! heard it's VERY scary. shucks. haha. alamak. better start practising ABGs on my soft toys. gulp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home