Unwritten~*

Friday, November 16, 2007

Third week of SIP!!!

It's almost over. Even though it has been bone-breakingly tiring and gastric ulcer-inducing, I would miss my SIP days.

There's something about working extremely hard as a team that makes you feel united! (Common goals include time for lunch and leave hospital before 8!) And I really feel very lucky to have met nice HOs for all my SIPs... heh even though my current HO Wei Da IS kind of evil. (he keeps insisting I like to zhao fan just because I banged the table at him once... xiao qi gui). Keep calling me Queen, makes me feel like a rebel who wants to dethrone the real Queen!!! Aiyo.

To think I stayed for the entire Sunday call to help him because he was falling sick. Alas. We house-elves are under-appreciated lor. But at least I was well-fed, we actually went out for lunch! (although it was an eating place just outside the confines of the hospital, it still counts lah. so exciting lor, had not been able to get out of the confines of houseman canteen for two whole weeks!) And then my HO accused me of trying to poison him with shrimp-paste chicken... (we ended up gobbling down 5 chicken wings/drumsticks EACH. and Wei Da almost lost his voice again haha) I never want to see another fried chicken wing again. I may puke.

This has actually been quite a good week. We actually managed to go out for lunch on xtine's bdae!!! and shun bian celebrate wes's bdae too. The staff at Crystal Jade in Great World City is really impressive!!! They were so nice! Must give them top marks for their willingness to go out of their way to help us! Usually restaurant staff aren't that happy when you want to sing a birthday song with a cake you bought from somewhere else, but the staff were really the kind who deserve GEMS awards! And our HOs treated us again. I feel like a leech.

And our consultant brought us all out for a meal today! Excursion! We went to Holiday Inn and ate dimsum for lunch. Yumyum. The charsiew puff, har gow and chilli were really good.

No wonder I am gaining weight despite the many missed meals. *shakes head*

It seems like many of our patients are ganging up to give us heart attacks by developing chest pain with subsequent diagnoses of AMI made. Hai. I have lost count of how many of them actually needed cardiac referrals. sigh. And it's so sad when patients deteriorate while hospitalised! I think there's something about hospitals which makes one more ill if you stay too long. Like Mr Baa Baa Black Sheep, i recall the days when he was a smiley friendly man. Nowadays he just look so weak and unhappy. Haven't seen his smile for so may days. =( And Mdm KCL, we all thought she was getting better! And she seemed less depressed too, always smiling back at us when we beamed at her. Hai but she is feeling upset again as her leg isn't healing well. I can understand how she feels. I would never be as brave when faced with the prospect of am amputation. And she is still so young!

I hope i never develop any weird conditions when I age. It's terrible to see the multiple problems that paitents already have and the new problems that crop up as the days go by.

Oh can't think straight anymore. Time to repay sleep debt.

zzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home