Unwritten~*

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

night owl

0415 hrs
haha i am awake! today is my second night call, and i just had my dinner. i am surprised i have not yet fainted from hypoglycemia yet (last bite of food was around 1.30pm, not counting the life-saving mentos my ho gave me).

not a particularly fabulous day, as usual started at 7.30am, then had two hos teaching us at 6-8pm, THEN went up to the wards to help take a blood culture, THEN bumped into the ho i am following and just didnt have time to eat dinner. had many many many admissions today! i think my ho was rather exasperated haah and seemed rather agonised that so many people were getting admitted to the wards he's in charge of. but it's been an exciting night for me!!! my ho jieli was really nice, so i got to do the many procedures that have eluded me for the past weeks. i did
1) my first ever blood culture
2) my first ever ABG (femoral and it was successful! YAY!)
3) my first plug for this SIP posting.

*smirks*
happy. =) maybe now i can psycho myself into thinking i am not that bad at taking bloods.

ooooo yes i have to praise the hos who taught us today!! joline and lionel (i think). i am really very touched that our seniors are so nice and willing to share their knowledge with us! especially the ho lionel, i heard he was post-call yet he stayed back til 8pm just to teach us! i doubt i will be so wei-da next time... sleep is going to feature really BIG in my timeline. hah =P not teaching bratty juniors. (so evil rite)

have to wakey at 6.45 to take more bloods, i better dive into my makeshift bed for the night!

YAWN. SIP is actually quite fun. =P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...when hav u been tranformed into a vampire..?
coming out in the night having to tak ppls BLOOD!!!
OMG..how i tot u were such a decent gal..u were a VAMPIRE-IN-DISGUISED!!! T.T

no hard feelings XD

10:54 PM  
Blogger stardust ~* said...

haha, van van, u so mean! u mean u din know she was one meh? tsk tsk.. to think u came to our room to play cards the whole night... gosh..

and ahem, my sis is far from decent k *looks around and everywhere except at Lili* do-do-do-do-do

shucks, did i say something? :D

and Li, u sound scary wor. im never letting you near me when u're holding a syringe. *nope*

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home