Unwritten~*

Friday, July 09, 2004

Live your dreams

no mood to write abt what happened in my drab dreary life today. =P it's of no consequence anyway. me having writer's block, big time!

"So what do you do when your dream dies? Do you sit down and cry, do you give it up and let it die, or do you give it one more try?"

watching a video on the internet now. a council friend (manting) i havent seen for ages sent me the URL, and it seemed quite interesting. these words were spoken by a very dynamic speaker. were his opening words. sort of just arrest your attention doesnt it? hmmm. just feel that its smthg worth tinking abt. life's too short to simply let it go in a blur, only to realise at the end of the day that for our whole lives, we've been pursuing the insignifacant nitty-gritty. bigger house. higher income. climb the social ladder.


"The older we get, the more we give up on our dreams."

i remember my very first dream. hehe was to be an artist! though must admit i cant draw to save my life haha... the faces i used to draw when i was young were always square and yellow teehee. then was the dream to become a pilot. then was to become an actress. then to become a psychiatrist. then was to be a hotelier. then was to open my very own cafe. somehow along the way, these dreams were dropped. sm becos the society deems unrealistic, sm becos my dreams have changed. i remember panicking after getting our a-level results, so what exactly should i study in university?? when i was young, i NEVER thought of becoming a doctor. to me, doctors are, nicely said, money-diggers who care nought for their patients and the only thing that really matters to them is money. "show me the money..." i can imagine seeing this in all the faces i see in clinics. wahhh dont ask me why i become so disillusioned with doctors, i have no idea! mebbe through experiences my parents used to tell me bah. sm doctors would automatically assume a suspicious attitude and say nasty things like "you want MC is it? i won't give it to you, you don't look sick to me." wah. the injustice of it all!!! i just cannot imagine why people of this calibre decide to become doctors. luckily i met a few genuinely nice doctors when i grow older, and the wisdom i've erhmmm acquired throughout my life allows me to tink for myself: hey wakey, you dont have to be a nasty doctor you know? you jolly well become one of the most caring ones around.

so there it goes. though i;ve always been stronger in arts subjects like literature and history, i chose medicine as my 1st choice. was quite tough deciding i tell you! was having an internal struggle whether to choose business or med. then decided to let fate decide, que sera sera, what will be will be. anyway i didnt take triple science, so mebbe they wont want me anyway. but now one year down, five more to go, had quite a stressful mugging year but still going strong. =) make me realise that as long as you have the passion for it, you will survive. never mind that you are not acing your subjects, never mind that yo do not have a photographic memory. never mind that there are unbelievably smart ppl who only need to put in half the effort you put in to get double, triple the results. cos the human touch is what differentiates a doctor who treats and one who heals.

"We got so busy chasing our incomes that we forgot about our life. About living our lives and chasing our dreams." thx man-man, for giving me smthg to tink abt =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home