Unwritten~*

Sunday, August 01, 2004

feeling kinda *blue*

today was an exciting day. but smhow i dont really feel like blogging. hmm got a feelin this may be one of the last few times i feel an urge to blog liao.

today seems to have a "last-time-i-will-be-doing-this" feeling. woke up to the smell of rain. seems poetic smhow cos all of us ex-hwachongians will be going back to our sch for the home-coming carnival... probably the last time we still feel like we really belong there. cos with the merger of the chinese high sch and hwa ching jc, smhow the feeling's not the same leh. the logo will be gone, the sch name changed, and hcjc will be swarming with tchs guys! ok not tt i have anythg against tchs guys... *sheepish* but i cant imagine ppl from schools other than tchs and nygs applying to hwa chong anymore. i mean, non-affiliated schools like my old sec sch river valley high, where can we go? seems funny to come to a sch whereby more than half the students have already known each other for 4 yrs!

it was bittersweet lah. i was happy to be back in hc, feels like the good old days! as we dance mass dances, take photos, said hello to our teachers and met up with our seniors and juniors... really have alot of fond memories back in hwa chong. it felt like coming home as we stepped into the sch compound. i felt like i belong. nice feeling eh? and to see all my council mates again! wow! even though not alot of ppl went back this time, we saw ppl who were studyin overseas like lauren! and even thom kong and joseph phua popped by! enjoyed myself lots dancing in the central plaza just like we used to, with my dance partner dennis! yay! haha though i stubbed my poor toes a fair number of times (was dancing barefoot cos my slippers were threatening to fly off and hit the face of the person in front of me heh) and was stepping into puddles and goodness knows what... then what was left of 28th council sat down and sang hcjc songs, led by zhengyi and willy. wonder if we will still be able to dance these dances and sing these songs once we merge!

the carnival ended in the evening, then me, xtine, lenith and fuqiang went to meet the rest of the og for bbq at west coast park. xtine and me had a durian craving so decided to visit our fav clementi durian stall to buy durians! after much haggling and debating and pondering over finances, we bought 15 boxes for $33! haha yep we are totally broke. i dug out every single coin to pay for them haha! but not bad, me and xtine are reali cut out to be ah-sohs! the durians were actually selling at 3 boxes for $10! which means they shld have cost us $50! WOW! i am so impressed by ourselves haha.

bbq was good, alot of the freshies turn up! very happy to see the non-medicampers integrating quite well with the medicampers... looks like we dont hafta worry abt them feeling left out after all! *beams* tink we reali have very nice juniors who reali do try to make the newbies feel welcome... =) i had the time of my life eating durians non-stop!!!! wowee! even cristelle who hates durians urgh ate one!!! *applause* realised tt huilin and zhong kai dont like durians, but terence was the worst... turns green at the sheer heavenly smell of durians!!!! *disappointed* wah king of fruits leh how can anyone not LOVE durians? haha anyway yep we finished the 15 boxes. just like tt. =D actually i wanted to stuff myself silly with durians to the point whereby my whole face has major pimple outbreak, i lose my voice and have nose-bleed, but tink didnt succeed lah. so sad. means i didnt eat enough. haha.

at the end of the bbq i was in a reflective mood. smhow the bbq seems to mark the end of a chapter of my life. dunno why leh. i feel like the real sch term is abt to begin for real, not much time left for me to be a crazy madwoman who speak at the top of my voice and can act really bimbotic smtimes. *shudder* haha actuali i feel disgusted with myself smtimes. tink the juniors muz tink i am an airhead or smthg. but it feels like the last time i can be so carefree already! when sch starts i bet my forehead will be continually furrowed in concentration as i pored over stacks of medical books. URGH and double urgh. but guess its up to me how i want to lead my life eh? hope i just dont get caught up in tt peer-pressure studying mania again!

sigh. have a few mind-boggling tasks at hand. to help the juniors find counsellors. so hard! hafta tink of personalities lah, this and that. i dont want to pair up a senior with a junior who cant stand the sight of each other.... oh well. =P

HAPPY 25th BIRTHDAY YE NAING WIN! my ko ko! haha hope that u have a great bdae in myanmar! hmmm my letter may have reach in time i tink... heh

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't turn green! I just... avoided anybody with a durian thingy in their hand. Bleah. hate durians.

Ter

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home